Cancer Education and Career Development Program 2008-2013
The program objectives are to:
- Provide fellows with an understanding of the biological, social, and policy issues relevant to cancer control and prevention.
- Provide fellows with a common vocabulary, understood by investigators in clinical, basic, behavioral, and population science through our core curriculum.
- Help fellows acquire an in-depth and more complex understanding of a specific area of cancer control and prevention research through participation as a member of a multidisciplinary research team.
- Help fellows develop competency in research methods and design to enable development of an independent yet multidisciplinary research proposal.
- Encourage professional development and experience (grant writing, paper writing, giving and reviewing presentations, and training in the responsible conduct of research).
Learn about this training program's latest work:Cancer Education and Career Development Program
About this grant
Richard Warnecke, PhD, directed this training program until April 2009. This training program has been continuously funded by NCI since 1992.