Physical Environment for Social Sciences Research
The Institute for Health Research and Policy occupies over 32,000 square feet of the Westside Research Office Building.
Our building's space was designed entirely with collaborative social sciences research in mind.
Over two floors, the Institute’s physical features include:
- Two sets of focus group rooms with adjoining observation rooms.
- Space for survey research.
- Securable space for data collection servers and documents with study participant info.
- Plenty of meeting space, including two large conference rooms — one formal, the other appropriate for workshops.
- Many smaller meeting rooms for team meetings and participant conversations.
- Offices for UIC researchers with IHRP-administered grants.
- Offices and cubicles for their research teams.
Located in the Illinois Medical District, on the southeast corner of Wood Street and Roosevelt Road, the Institute is a five- to ten-minute walk from the intracampus bus, the Wood Street parking lot, the CTA Roosevelt bus (#12) and the CTA Pink Line (Polk Street stop).
Learn about other research advantages at IHRP.