Center for Coordination of Analytics, Science, Enhancement and Logistics (CASEL) in Tobacco Regulatory Science
- Principal Investigator
- Mermelstein, Robin J
- Start Date
- End Date
- Serve as the scientific research coordinator for TRS by facilitating collaboration and dissemination to advance the science and inform CTP rule-making; and by supporting the adoption of consensus methods and measures, data sharing, and synthesis.
- Accelerate the progress of TRS by fostering communication, coordinating information-sharing opportunities, and making research resources readily accessible to the TRS community.
- Enhance the capacity of researchers to conduct impactful research by supporting career enhancement activities across the CTP-funded research community.
- Establish a logistical and management infrastructure for efficient and effective coordination of a diverse portfolio of TRS research.
- Provide the scientific expertise and perspective to contribute to the identification of research needs and the means to work cooperatively with Federal partners and the research community to address them.
- Serve as a conduit between NIH, CTP, and the Tobacco Centers of Regulatory Science (TCORS) to enhance and accelerate output and facilitate the conduct of rapid response projects to address high-priority questions.
Dr. Robin Mermelstein and Westat's Jeanne Rosenthal serve as co-principal investigators and leaders of the Leadership and Logistics Core, providing nationally recognized scientific leadership and high-level management, respectively. Our highly experienced core leads, Dr. Howard Fishbein (Analytics and Synthesis), Ms. Amy Solis (Career Enhancement), and Dr. Cassandra Stanton (Dissemination), will provide effective and knowledgeable oversight to meet each core’s specific aims.
Learn more about this grant on the NIH RePORT website.